How do you take care of yourself?


When life happens

Often life happens so fast that you forget everything about taking care of yourself. Sometimes it is due to work and school or even trauma, friendship dilemas or things in the family. 

Too late in my life, I have learned the importance of self-care and self-love. I have spent over 20 years pleasing everyone else but myself, and gradually my personal needs has been neglegted, ignored. 

When I started university, I found it very difficult to find my spot, and being social was a tough game for me. Eventually, I developed anxiety and depression, but it was not until 2 years into my studies I realised that (thanks to my doctor).

Eversince, I have been trying to practise this self-care thing. When I becan, I had no self-esteem or self-confidence. Today I am in a better place. Everyday I am getting better at complimenting myself and doing things that I enjoy - but I am not quite there yet.

Simple tips on "how to self-care"

Self-care is about doing something good for yourself. The earlier you start practising self-care, the better it is for you and your surroundings. But how do one practise self-care? What is self-care even?
Well, it is actually totally up to you, but here are some of my best advice on "how to self-care":

  • Notice your feelings and needs - what are they telling you? What is your body trying to say?
  • Consider your relations. Are you in a bad friendship or relationship? What are these doing to your mood?
  • Say goodbye to bad relationships and spare yourself that negativity
  • Think something nice about yourself everyday, ex "my hair looks pretty today" or "that dress is fabulous".
  • Notice what gives you energy and what drains your energy - prioritize your favorite activities to charge.

Share your self-care routine

Self-care is for everyone. Whether you have not started yet or are in the middle of it, please, share with us in the comments what you are doing to take care of yourself on a daily basis (or would like to do even more). It can be anything - from walking the dog and breathing fresh air to watching TV-series, visit friends and family, going for a swim or riding the bicycle. Let us know <3 

Comments